Melbourne's The Hard Targets sound betrays a range of influences ranging from protopunk, bootboy glam, pub rock and power pop. It's been variously described as "gritty rock'n'roll "and "man music" and their debut seven inch urges it to be filed under "maximum r'n 'b". This self titled release comes courtesy of a collaboration of the Contra (Germany), Longshot (United States) and Three Stars (Australia) labels. It kick starts a collector series called Diamonds in the Rough featuring a new breed of similarly styled bands. It is a double A sided 45rpm Pirate Pressed slab of petrochemical goodness featuring three tracks - Dogs and Fleas, Champagne and Nothin' Left to Prove. If you're a fan of older bands like Eddie and the Hotrods, Slade or the Undertones, or newer bands such as the Sydney Ducks, the Penny Cocks or Stamford Bridge, check out the sounds of The Hard Targets. The Hard Targets features current and former members of bands such as Marching Orders, Forward Defence, Arms Reach, Bulldog Spirit, Mindsnare and The Terrace.
Presales are up for the The Hard Targets debut 7" "File Under maximum R'N'B". The Preorder comes a woven patch so get on it while you can. There isn't a lot of copies for Australia and you'll have to buy from the States or Europe if you miss out.
Head over here to listen to the track "Dogs and Fleas" or check it out below..
- Scott Kelly (NEUROSIS) / Jarboe (SWANS) Australian Tour
- WhiteWinter Recs Launches WORST POSSIBLE OUTCOME 7"
- THE DECLINE Release "Showertime in the Slammer" Video
- INNUMERABLE FORMS / MAMMOTH GRINDER July Aust Tour
- TWITCHING TONGUES Video For "In Love There Is No Law"
- Arrest Records To Release VANITY "The Cast Shade"
- New Releases Update From SHACKLES
- Supports For MDC August Australian Tour Announced
- HIGHER POWER Release 7 Song Demo
- MURPHY'S LAW Australian Tour For September