PARKWAY DRIVE ENTERS STUDIO
Parkway Drive are currently bunkered down in a Los Angeles studio hard at work on their fourth album. The as-yet-untitled effort is the follow-up to 2010’s phenomenally successful Deep Blue, which debuted #2 on the ARIA Charts and #39 in the US on the Billboard 200, as well as reaching Gold sales and winning the ARIA Award for Best Hard Rock and Metal Album in 2010.
The recording is due to take seven weeks, which is the longest time the band has spent on any album. Production is being overseen by Matt Hyde, whose vast resume includes Slayer, Sum 41, Alkaline Trio, Hatebreed and Children of Bodom.
Parkway Drive vocalist Winston McCall says new material flowed easily in the wake of Deep Blue, which saw the group tap a rich vein of creativity.
“When we finished Deep Blue I was like, ‘I don’t know where we go from here?’ But if there was ever a way to step up from the last record, this is the way to do it,” McCall says. “We’re expanding in every way we can. But at the same time – and I say this with every new record – it still sounds like Parkway.”
Stay tuned for title, artwork, tracklisting details in the coming weeks.
- NIGHT BIRDS "Born To Die In Suburbia" Out July 9th
- RELENTLESS To Play California's Nitty Gritty Fest
- PARKWAY DRIVE Hurley Studio Session For "Sleepwalker"
- FRENZAL RHOMB Announce NSW, TAS and VIC Dates
- BOYSETSFIRE Release Video For "Closure"
- MURDER BY DEATH Premiere "Lost River" Video
- HR Releases LIVITY PROJECT Song "Thank You"
- LO! Announce Tour With HIGH TENSION
- Hits & Pits 2.0 w/ BOYSETSFIRE NFAA JUGHEADS OWTH
- THIS IS HARDCORE 2013 Final Lineup / More JUDGE Shows