Set to be released in October 2013 is the Hollywood version of the CBGBs story. CBGBs of course is the no longer existent famous New York club that gave birth to the modern day punk and hardcore scene.
Alan Rickman is set to star as Hilly Kristal who, for more than three decades, owned and operated the famous New York nightclub until a rent dispute forced the establishment to close in 2006. The real-life Kristal tragically died the following year.
CBGB follows the story of Hilly Kristal's New York club from its conceit as a venue for Country, Bluegrass and Blues (CBGB) to what it ultimately became: the birthplace of underground rock 'n roll and punk. When Kristal had difficulty booking country bands in his club on the Bowery he opened his doors to other kinds of rock music. Kristal had one demand of the acts he booked; they could only play original music. No top 40's, no covers. It was the credo he lived by, support the artist at whatever the cost. Hilly Kristal ironically became known as the godfather of punk giving a chance to such bands as Blondie, Television, Ramones, Talking Heads, Dead Boys and The Police.
- BONELESS Stream "Gratitude" LP /Melb Tour This Weekend
- BLACKLISTED Release New Song "Deeper Kind"
- EXODUS MILLENCOLIN & THE VANDALS Join SOUNDWAVE
- REGRETS Break Up / Release Demo Tracks
- Teaser Released For THE OTHER OPTION SE Asia Doco
- LEEWAY "Born To Expire" 25th Anniversary Reissue
- CITIZEN Australian Tour For April 2015
- MASKED INTRUDER Release Video For "Crime Spree"
- Washed Up Records To Press HOPELESS "Dear World" LP
- NORMA JEAN Australian Tour For April 2015